Acts 11:1-18, TLB
- Rituals, rules, and religion can blind us to God’s purpose to reach people where they are and help bring them to where they need to be.
- Don’t allow God’s Process cause you to miss His Purpose.
- Before praises and privileges comes objections and opposition.
- What starts out looking like persecution is nothing more than God preparing us to participate in the privilege of the great work of God. (Acts 11:19-21, TLB; Acts 11:26, TLB)
- The name Christians was a nickname for followers of Christ which came from the unbelievers.
- Christians are people who belong to Christ.
- Do you fail to win as many people as possible? (1 Corinthians 9:19-23, NCV)
- We need to be Holy set apart for God, but not set apart where people don’t want anything to do with us.
- The weak or those who don’t know Christ and see things different than we do.
- Weak Christians will be quick to judge other Christians.
- Mature Christians don’t judge, but look for the purpose, fruit, and results.
The Good News because of the death, burial, and resurrection leads to restoring broken lives and relationships.