Healthy Things Grow! John 15;5-8, NKJV
- Us to bear fruit, to bear much fruit.
- To love us and wants us to love each other.
- Us to have joy.
- To answer our prayers.
- To abide in us and us in Him.
- Our fruit to remain.
How do we know if we are healthy?
- Physically – there are multitude of indicators of what is normal and what is not.
- Spiritually (Church) – How do we know if Journey Church healthy?
- Healthy Church attendance grows 4-6% a year.
- Journey Church is at 10% + at Pineville Campus.
- 122 new members this year.
- 21 new members at Alexandria Campus.
- We have to keep adding new members because we will always lose some.
- Sometimes God’s pruning, sometimes people are just moving. (John 15:2, NKJV)
- Healthy churches have visitors.
- Pineville Campus – 700 + first time
- Alexandria Campus – 90 visitors; An average of 3 per week.
- Healthy church retains visitors: 122 joined this year.
- Healthy churches have small groups.
- 10% of overall average attendance = the number of small groups you should have.
- To be a healthy church in that area we should have 90 small groups—we have