In order to produce healthy followers of Christ we must define what a healthy follower of Christ looks like?
- And we agree that a healthy disciple or follower of Christ is someone who balances the five purposes!
- The five purposes are Evangelism – Discipleship – Fellowship – Ministry – Worship.
Does this sound familiar to you?
- Evangelism=Found People Find People
- Discipleship=Growing People Change
- Fellowship=You can’t Do life Alone
- Ministry=Saved People Serve People
- Worship=You Can’t Out Give God
These purposes are nothing new, in fact they’re what we’re all about!
- We see these purposes all throughout scripture. Example (Acts 2:42-47)
The early church balanced these Five purposes and guess what? They experienced exponential growth and a mighty move of God! Why? Because they were healthy! – Healthy things grow!
- That’s why Pastor James is more concerned with who you are becoming as leaders rather than what you are doing!
- If you are becoming the right person, you will do the right things!
- So as leaders we want to develop healthy disciples or healthy followers of Christ!
***What is Healthy? People who are evangelistic, people who serve (ministry), people who fellowship, people who worship and people who are being discipled! I think “health” may be relative but the point is that every person and every group is striving to grow in each one of these areas.