Acts 6:1-7, NKJV; Ephesians 4:11-12, NKJV
Insights to Remember:
- When churches grow there will be problems. If you put them off, they get bigger.
- Most problems come as a result of how others are being treated or how they feel they are being treated.
- Don’t run from the problems—run to them.
- You can’t grow your ministry without growing your people.
- The pastor can’t do everything, if he tries to be available to everyone he will soon be available for no one.
- We all have to be very careful about cliques and prejudice.
- The leaders did not deny the problem, instead they fixed the problem.
- Staying focused is the main factor.
- Our focus determines our direction.
- Focus on healing not hurting.
- Satan wants us focused on our condition instead of our position in Christ.
- F – First things first
- O – Other things second
- C – Cut out the unimportant
- U – Unify behind the vision
- S – Stick with it (Determination & Dedication)
- Key is to predetermine how you are going to live.
- Focus is easy to find but hard to keep.
- You have to learn to focus on God’s agenda for you and your team.
- One of the #1 leadership slips are not staying focused.
- The main purpose of deacons, servants, and volunteers is to be minsters—not administers. (Matthew 23:11, NKJV). It’s not what you are doing it’s how and who you’re doing it for.
- Unity and right positions in ministry = Multiplication instead of addition.
Where do you need to focus in your ministry?