Key Scripture: Nehemiah 5:16-19
Always remember to focus on eternal rewards, not earthly rewards.
‘Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’ ” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.”’ Revelation 14:13
Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and should give happily to those in need, always being ready to share with others whatever God has given them. By doing this they will be storing up real treasure for themselves in heaven—it is the only safe investment for eternity! And they will be living a fruitful Christian life down here as well. 1 Timothy 6:18-19
“Don’t store up treasures here on earth where they can erode away or may be stolen. Store them in heaven where they will never lose their value and are safe from thieves. Matthew 6:19-20
Here are three ways we can store up our treasure in heaven:
- Tithing. This is the money we give to God’s work.
- Fulfilling the Great Commission. The souls that are saved, furthering God’s Kingdom.
- Good deeds we do.
Leadership Laws and Insights:
- Don’t misuse your position.
- Losers focus on what they can get out of people; Leaders focus on what they can give to people.
- Losers focus on their rights, Leaders focus on their responsibilities.
- It’s not what leader’s want from people, it’s what we want for our people.