What is Passion?
- An intense urgency to accomplish your God given calling.
- Passion gives us desire—Desire + Determination = Destiny.
- Passion is the main difference in success and failure. (Colossians 3:23, NKJV)
- Passion is the difference between good and great.
- One person with passion is greater than 99 who only have an interest.
- Jesus was our greatest example of passion—Passion is
Where does Passion come from?
- Christ gives us a new purpose, passion, and a plan. (2 Corinthians 5:17, KJV).
- God puts the passion in our heart. (Nehemiah 2:12, NKJV; Jeremiah 20:9, NKJV; Psalm 4:7, NKJV; Isaiah 42:1, NKJV; Ezekiel 11:19; 36:26-27, NKJV)
What Passion can do for you.
(1 Samuel 16:7, NKJV; NLT)
- Passion determines our fight.
- Passion directs our focus.
- Passion diminishes our fears.
- Passion directs our future.
- God is looking for people with a passion to love and serve Him. (Psalms 53:2, NKJV, AMP; 2 Chronicles 16:9b, NKJV)
How to have a godly Passion.
- You have to be in the Word and under the Word. (Jeremiah 20:9, NKJV)
- You have to believe the Word. (Hebrews 11:6, NKJV)
6 Reasons why we don’t have passion.
- We take God and His greatness for granted—we allow the supernatural to become natural to us.
- We allow others to drain us.
- We focus on what’s wrong instead of what’s right.
- We lose our vision.
- We allow other things to rob our time.
- We become passionate about the wrong things.