Everything rises and falls on leadership (Everything).
PROVERBS 17:14 “The beginning of strife is like letting out water, so quit before the quarrel breaks out.”
- Conflict is Normal, Natural, and Neutral.
What makes up conflict?
- The distance between Expectations and Reality is conflict.
- The greater the distance, the greater the conflict.
- Expectations always start with, “I thought”.
- Example: Husband leaves and tells wife he will be back at 10 PM. The expectation is 10 PM. The further away from that he gets, the more the wife says, ” I thought you were…”
Most conflicts are not resolved due to focus on the wrong issue.
- Who did it? Why did it happen? Is not the place to start.
- When you go from the “What” to the “Who” you escalate.
- What happened to the expectations? While the communication can be clear in the mind of the communicator, the question is was it clear in the mind and eyes of the receiver.
- How can we in the future create better expectations?
- When you have conflict, stop and ask “Was the expectation clear?”