Leadership Starts In The Home
Read 1Timothy 3:1-7, TEV; AMP
A Church Leader is a calling and a passion rather than an ability.
A Church Leader Must:
- Be without fault. (Does not mean you don’t sin and mess up, it means you don’t want to continue a lifestyle of sin and mess ups.)
- Have one wife.
- Be Sober—Discreet—Safe
- Be Self-Controlled—Disciplined
- Be Orderly
- Welcome Strangers. Read Hebrews 13:1-2, NIV
- Not entertain an accusation against an elder unless it is brought by two or three witnesses. Read 1 Timothy 5:19, NIV
- Be able to teach.
- Not be a drunkard. Read 1 Timothy 5:23, NKJV
- Not be a violent man.
- Be gentle and peaceful.
- Not love money. Read Luke 12:34, NKJV
- Manage his own family.