Leading the Way Jesus Did.
Read John 10:11-10:19
- Leaders are people of good character (v11,14)
” I am the good Shepherd.”
- Leaders love those they lead. (v11)
“The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
- Leaders are never in it for the money(v13)
“The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.
- Leaders don’t run from problems. (v12)
” So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away.
- Leaders put a major emphasis on relationship. (v14)
” I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me”
- Leaders are never satisfied with the status quote. (v16)
“I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen, I must bring them also.”
- Leaders work on building unity. (v16)
” They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one Shepherd.”
- Leaders exercise proper biblical authority. (v18)
” I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
- Leaders refuse to be swayed by public opinion. (v19)
“At these words the Jews were again divided. Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad.”