What is Leadership?
True Leadership is influence in the beginning, but lasting leadership has to do with managing people and ideas!
Insights About True Leadership
- It begins with
- It lasts with
- It’s applied in managing people and
- It’s successful when we have all
- True Leadership is more about developing the person, than accomplishing the task; the right leader will do
- True Leadership is a matter of how to be, not how to do it. It’s about the WHO, not just the
Three Quick Ways to Help Develop Others
- Give excess ability. (Assignments)
- Give accountability. (You check and see if they are doing what you ask)
- Give responsibility. (Allow them to do what you ask. Live out what they are learning)
Speed of Leader – Speed of Growth
- You can never stop growing. Become more aware of what you don’t
- How do you grow? Read the Right books, Listen to the Right People, Go to the Right Places. When given the opportunity ASK the right questions to the right people. We do that through time (Time Management) and intentionality, not simply good
- What your practicing your becoming. What your thinking on your Becoming.
The Laws of Growth
- The Law of Intentionality: Growth doesn’t just happen. The truth is the longer you put it off the harder it
- The Law of Awareness: You must know yourself to grow yourself. Understand if your not grow- ing your
- The Law of Consistency: Motivation gets us going, discipline keeps us
You need a Personal Vision or Goal for your Ministry
Proverbs 29:18, NKJV; Proverbs 29:18, TEV
- You will need to spend time with your ministry and develop a vision/goal.
- Your vision/goal will need to be three-fold: Personally, Numerically, Spiritually