Leadership is influence. Everything rises and falls on leadership (everything)
Selfishness is at the center of every problem.
1 Corinthians 8:1-2 (CEV) “…But knowledge makes us proud of ourselves, while love makes us helpful to others. In fact, people who think they know so much don’t know anything at all.”
- When you start thinking you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re the most arrogant person in the room.
- It’s not that we should not think about who we are in Christ, but it becomes a problem when we start thinking about who we are without Christ.
- Without knowing it, we start leaving Christ out and depending on ourselves. The more gifted you are, the easier it is to do this.
Examine your work.
- How much are you depending upon the Lord?
- How much are you depending on your personality?
- How much are you just depending upon yourself?
- How much are you depending on BOTH?
Example of Pride in the church. Luke 18:10-14, NKJV
- One man fasted, tithed, and separated himself from sinners.
- The other knew he was sinning and had been living in sin, but he also knew he needed to change and be forgiven of his sins. He wanted God’s mercy.