Leadership is influence. Everything rises and falls on leadership, everything.
Opposition can lead to a new opportunity if you are right with the Lord.
Acts 18:1-28 Leadership lessons:
- It is okay to have a secular job to help support yourself and the ministry.
- It is okay to have the church pay your salary.
- If you are not in the ministry when working or going to school, you won’t be much different if you were paid full time by a church.
- When is the last time you faced opposition because of your faith?
- No opposition is because you have not been bold enough in your faith.
- Boldness is not telling other Christians how much you love God; it is telling non-Christians about Christ.
- The root of feelings of rejection is misplaced identity.
- If you are in the ministry long enough you will have times of discouragement, times of loneliness, and times you feel no one appreciates you.
- In these times, remember who you are serving and why you are doing what you do.
- Learn to encourage yourself in the Lord.
- Leaders are learners, when you stop learning you will stop leading.