There is a big difference between feeling inadequate and feeling inferior.
To feel inadequate means to feel the lack of necessary qualities.
Inferiority – lower state of dignity, value or worth.
Reasons why many people feel inferior.
Consistent disapproval: some people received negative messages throughout their childhood.
Being controlled: A person can develop feelings of inferiority if he or she has been controlled by someone consistently for a long period of time.
- A good example is Jeremiah. (Jeremiah 1:4-9, NKJV)
- When God tells you something, don’t tell Him you can’t do it.
- The main key to overcome inferiority is knowing God is with you and for you and will deliver you.
- Jeremiah’s feelings of inadequacy and inferiority drove him to the Lord.
- If God call us to it, He will empower us to do it.
Our past can make us feel inferior and inadequate.
- Our past failure sometimes hold us back.
- God is kind and loving. He is eager to pardon us. He will then give is all we need for our present situation.
The way we feel about ourselves can make us feel inferior or inadequate. (Exodus 3:11-12, NKJV)
Our intellectual abilities can make us feel inferior or inadequate. (Exodus 4:10-15, NKJV, TLB)