Leadership is influence. Everything rises and falls on leadership, everything.
The direction and quality of life you have are determined greatly by what you spend your time and money on.
- You cannot determine where your heart is at by what you think or feel. Money and time is proof of where our heart is.
Jeremiah 17:9-10 (NKJV) “The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.
This verse tells us the truth about how we use our MONEY!
Matthew 6:21 (NKJV) For where your treasure is (how we spend our money), there your heart will be also.
- Do you tithe and give above your tithe? Are you humbled and happy when you can give and give a lot? (Our greatest givers are humble and happy that they can give!)
This verse tells us how we use our TIME:
Colossians 3:17 (NKJV) And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Matthew 6:31-34 (NKJV) Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
- Do you use your work, hobby, and home to further God’s Kingdom? Do you understand and apply what the Kingdom of God is?
Key Insight: God has to be the ultimate source of meeting all our needs. Other people (your mate, job, pastor, etc.) cannot give you what only God can; they are only conduits used by God.
Questions to Reflect:
- How do you use your money to influence others to further God’s Kingdom?
- How do you use your time to influences others to further the Kingdom of God?