Leadership is Influence. Everything rises and falls on leadership (everything).
- Too much pride is when we are worried more about what others think and say than what God has to say or what God would have us do.
- Proverbs 16:18, NKJV “Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.
Pride is manifested in:
- The way we think and the words we speak.
- Our opinion is more important than all others. We believe what we achieved was by our efforts instead of God and others. Wanting our way or no way or we will quit.
- Others should serve us; we want to be worshipped. Thinking more highly of ourselves than we should.
It’s Stupid to Slander and Gossip.
- Nobody can help stupid but God. Pride usually tries to make others look bad and ourselves look good.
- Gossip is when you partake in a conversation and you’re not part of the problem or the solution.
- Slander is when you finish talking, the person you were talking to thinks less of the person you were talking about.