Why did Jesus speak so much about money? (Matthew 6:24, NIV; Matthew 6:21, NKJV; Proverbs 4:23, NKJV, TLB)
Money problems really start with heart problems.
Guard the conversations:
- What you allow in your heart.
- What you allow in your mind.
- What you allow done with your money.
Jesus did not come to die to bring money problems that would add stress and reduce blessing.
The devil wants to deceive you into using your money wrong. (John 10:10, NKJV)
The 4 main causes of money problems:
- Lack of contentment. (1 Thessalonians 2:5, NKJV)
- The love of money. (1 Timothy 6:10, NKJV, CEV, Matthew 6:19-21, NKJV)
- Issue is beyond your control. (Philippians 4:19-20, Isaiah 45:3, NCV; Proverbs 8:18, TEV)
- You’re not managing your money by God’s design. (Matthew 6:24, NIV; Proverbs 3:9-10, NIV; Matthew 6:21, NKJV; Matthew 6:24, NIV)
Seek first; choose what is best to reduce stress. (Matthew 6:33, NIV)
- Save and prepare for the future. (Proverbs 21:20, NLT2)
- Budget the money you have. (Proverbs 21:5, NLT2)