Leadership is influence. Everything rises and falls on leadership (everything).
We have to use it.
Matthew 16:26 (NKJV) “For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his owe soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”
- Many times, people spend a lifetime earning it but never spend it.
- Your earned influence, when used the right way, is worth way more than millions of dollars.
- Personalize it:
- Personally invite 2-5 people a week to church.
- Stop and pray with those who share hurts with you, when appropriate.
- Send a text, phone call, etc., letting others know you’re thinking about them and are praying for them.
- Invite people you don’t know but they know you.
Don’t abuse it.
- Don’t be overbearing.
Be humble or you will stumble.
Philippians 2:3-4 (CEV) “Don’t be jealous or proud, but be humble and consider others more important than yourselves. Care about them as much as you care about yourselves.”
- Humble people think, “How could I help people in the room?”
- This is also what secure people do.
- Focused on others.
- Do you care if they go to Hell?
Be Real. (Luke 16:19-31)
- Be real about who you are.
- Be real about Heaven and Hell.