Leadership is influence. Everything rises and falls on leadership (everything).
First, you have to Earn it.
- Build equity.
- Sometimes that’s Personal.
- Personal is time, energy, etc. that you have poured into that person’s life.
- Sometimes that’s Public or
- What you have done Who you are, what you do, what you know, and who you are.
- Both have influence but both do not know how to use it.
- Many times, a person’s influence is given but never used.
- Public influence; when used for self, that person becomes selfish and unhappy.
- Both personal and public influence, when used to further God’s Kingdom, bring the greatest joy here and in Heaven.
We have to use it.
Matthew 16:26 (NKJV) “For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”
Acts 1:8 (NKJV) “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
- Many times, people spend a lifetime earning it but never spend it.
- Your earned influence, when used the right way, is worth way more than millions of dollars.
- Personalize it: Personally invite 2-5 people a week to church.
- Stop and pray with those who share hurts with you, when appropriate.