Leadership is influence. Everything rises and falls on leadership (everything).
God created each of us on purpose with a purpose.
- Work is honorable but often unfulfilling.
- Play is enjoyable but can ring hollow.
- Rest is healthy but doesn’t restore the soul.
- Work takes on meaning.
- Play becomes a balance for a healthy life.
- Rest refreshes the soul.
- Your purpose leads you to what you do.
Pray and ask God:
- What tugs at your heart? What burdens do you carry to help make life better? What do you sense your great contribution is to be?
Discover your gifts and talents:
- What are your spiritual gifts? What are your natural talents? Do the people around you affirm what you believe they are? Part of growing self-awareness is seeing yourself accurately, including what you are good at as well as the skills that may never be your strength.
Seek fruit and joy:
- When it comes to your work, fruit without joy is drudgery, and joy without fruit is empty. You need both to go the distance.
Predetermine your legacy:
- Be humbled that God might use you for anything related to eternal impact in people’s lives.
- When your days are finished, what mark will you have left? How will have touched people’s lives? What will your contribution be?
Matthew 25:21, NKJV “His lord said to him, ‘well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of the Lord.’