Leadership is influence. Everything rises and falls on leadership (everything).
Proverbs 23:9, TLB “Don’t waste your breath on a rebel. He will despise the wisest advice.”
How do you know when you’re dealing with a fool?
- The mouth of a fool keeps getting into trouble.
- Fools do not learn their lessons from the mistakes they make.
- Fools make excuses.
Proverbs 26:11, NKJV “As a dog returns to his own vomit, So a fool repeats his folly.”
Why is it so hard to correct and spank our children?
- It’s hard because of the time it takes.
- It’s hard because some parents want to be the child’s friend instead of the child’s parent.
- It’s hard because we feel we love them so much.
- If we love them in the Lord, we will correct and spank them
- Correct with a relationship in mind, not reputation.
Proverbs 23:13-14, CEV “Don’t fail to correct your children. You won’t kill them by being firm, and it may even save their lives.”