Role Concept Comparison Assessment
MARRIAGE ROLE CONCEPTS COMPARISON
What do you believe about your role in marriage?
Answer Key: 1. Strongly agree 2. Mildly agree 3. Not sure 4. Mildly disagree 5. Strongly disagree
- The husband is the head of the home.
- The wife should not work outside of the home.
- The husband should help regularly with the dishes.
- The wife has the greater responsibility for the children.
- Money that the wife earns is her money.
- The husband should have at least one night a week out with his friends.
- The wife should always be the one to cook.
- Money can best be handled through a joint checking account.
- Marriage is a 50/50 proposition.
- Major decisions should be made by the husband in case of an impasse.
- The husband should babysit one night a week so the wife can get away and do what she wants.
- A couple should spend their recreation leisure activities with one another.
- It is all right for the wife to initiate love making with her husband.
- The husband and wife should plan to budget and manage money matters together.
- Neither the husband nor the wife should purchase an item costing over $15 without consulting the other.
- The father is the one responsible for disciplining the children.
- A wife who has a special talent should have a career.
- It is the wife’s responsibility to keep the house neat and clean.
- The husband should take his wife out somewhere twice monthly.
- The wife is just as responsible for the children’s discipline as the husband.
- It is the husband’s job to do the yard work.
- The mother should be the teacher of values to the children.
- Women are more emotional than men.
- Children should be allowed to help plan family activities.
- Children develop better in a home with parents who are strict disciplinarians.
- The wife should always obey what her husband asks her to do.
- The husband should decide which areas each should be responsible for.
- Neither husband nor wife should bring their parents into the home to live.