What do you need to have a winning dream team?
- Owner, Coach, and a Team.
- A heart with PASSION.
- Why or how do we lose our heart and passion sometimes? (Proverbs 23:4-5, TEV)
- We can’t be in the game just for the money.
- Wearing yourself out trying to get rich wears on your relationship with God and affects your marriage, health, and emotions.
- God does not want us to be lazy, but the heart of the matter is to have a heart for God. (Proverbs 10:4, CEV; Psalm 127:1-2, NCV)
How can we as a team have a heart for God—and have a winning team? (Proverbs 23:7, NKJV; Proverbs 23:7, TEV)
- Have a great owner—our Owner is God Himself. (Psalm 50:10, NKJV; Jeremiah 27:4-5, NCV; Philippians 4:19, NKJV)
- Have a coach.
- The coach is responsible to the Owner first and then the team.
- The team is then responsible to the coach.
- Have a game plan and follow it. (Joshua 1:5-10; Joshua 1:7, NKJV; Joshua 1:9-11, NKJV; Joshua 1:16, NKJV; Joshua 1:18b, NKJV)
- Hear from God.
- Share with strongest leaders. (Staff and Journey Group Leaders.)
- Leaders share it with the people. (Congregation)
- As a powerful winning team execute the play and win.
Executing the plan right is the key to winning.
- We cannot allow others to do what God called, equipped, and empowered you to do.
- When we begin losing heart we must be very very careful. (1 Samuel 30:6, KJV; Proverbs 27:10, TLB; Psalm 41:9-10, TLB;
- We must stay in the game with heart and passion in the position the owner has placed us in no matter the cost. (Proverbs 28:26, NKJV; Proverbs 28:26, TEV; Proverbs 10:8, NCV)
- A great quarter back and players.
- The players can only execute the plays the quarter back calls. (Psalm 105:3-5, NKJV)
- A coach gives the quarter back the game plan.
- Remember, no one can do what God called, equipped, and empowered you to do.