- The condition of our heart controls the condition of our life. (3 John 1:2, KJVA; AMP)
- To prosper physically, emotionally, and spiritually protect your heart—soul. (Matthew 5:8, NKJV)
- When our hearts are not right it limits the power of God working in our life. (Matthew 5:8, AMP)
How do we keep a pure heart and soul?
- Confess our sins (1 John 1:9, NKJV; Matthew 12:35, NKJV; Matthew 15:18-20, NKJV; Proverbs 23:15, KJVA; Proverbs 15:13, KJVA; 1 Kings 11:4, 6, KJVA; Ezekiel 11:19, KJVA)
Things we are to protect the heart from:
- Bitterness, wrath, anger, and evil speaking. (Ephesians 4:31-32, NKJV; Hebrews 12:15, NKJV; Revelation 8:11, NLT)
- Bitterness will destroy you.
- Un-forgiveness often leads to hatred, gossip, jealousy, hard heart, bad attitude, and wrong anger. (1 john 1:9, NKJV)