Numbers 32:5 (NKJV) Therefore they said, “If we have found favor in your sight, let this land be given to your servants as a possession. Do not take us over the Jordan.”
The children of Israel were about to cross the Jordan, began to fight, and take over the promised land.
Numbers 32:1 (NKJV) “Now the children of Reuben and the children of Gad had a very great multitude of livestock; and when they saw the land of Jazer and the land of Gilead, that indeed the region was a place for livestock,”
The above tribes recognized that the land they were now on was favored land. They were willing not only to ask for it, but fight for it. Why do so many people want the favor of God -without the fight, it takes to possess the favor? Many times favor without some time of fight is fake.
You can fight with confidence knowing you’re going to win the battle because God is with you and for you.
You have God’s favor!
Numbers 32:17-22 (NKJV) but we will be armed, ready to go before the children of Israel until we have brought them to their place; and our little ones will dwell in the fortified cities because of the inhabitants of the land. We will not return to our homes until every one of the children of Israel has received his inheritance. For we will not inherit with them on the other side of the Jordan and beyond, because our inheritance has fallen to us on this eastern side of the Jordan.” Then Moses said to them: “If you do this thing if you arm yourselves before the LORD for the war, and all your armed men cross over the Jordan before the LORD until He has driven out His enemies from before Him, and the land is subdued before the LORD, then afterward you may return and be blameless before the LORD and before Israel, and this land shall be your possession before the LORD.”
- It would have been easy for Reuben and the children of Gad to miss God’s favor and keep looking for it somewhere else!
- Could God’s favor be right in front of you and you’re missing it? Your job? Home? Family? Health?
- Many times God’s favor is right in front of us but we miss it because we are not willing to fight for it. Example: our mates are one of God’s greatest gifts but are you willing to fight for your marriage?
- Your job is a favor from God. Do you recognize it and try to further God’s Kingdom where you are?
- Would you ask God to show you His favor in your life today?