Proverbs 19:18 – Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
Vision – A mental picture of what could be, fueled by the passion of what should be. A preferred future, where we want to end up.
Vision is where we want to go, but CULTURE is the road that will take us there.
- You can have good culture or bad culture, but simply put, culture is the way we do things.
- I’ve heard Pastor James say It before, culture is more important than vision, why is that? Because you can have the right vision, but if your culture doesn’t align with your vision, you’ll never get to your preferred future!
- Does your Culture align with your vision?
- If you continue doing things the way you do them now, will you reach your preferred future?
- What needs to change?
What we truly value determines what we do.
- What do your actions say you value?
- Questions communicate what we truly value. (Luke 6:45)
- What we celebrate communicates what we value.
Culture and core values should support and reinforce the vision.
- Take Journey Church for example. Our vision is to bring those who are far from God, Close to God.
- Our culture and core values reflect our vision.
- If we stay on this road we will reach our preferred future.